This is a very simple and quite popular recipe in Italy. You can bake it with your children because all you need to measure the ingredients is a clean yogurt pot. In total you will add 7 pots of ingredients:
- 3 pots of pastry flour
- 2 pots of sugar
- 1 pot of natural yogurt
- 1 pot of sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest (optional)
- icing sugar to decorate
Start by mixing the eggs and the sugar until you get a creamy texture. Add all the other ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 180°C (356°F).
The basic recipe is quite tasty on itself, but you can also make some little changes:
- use flavored yogurt such as vanilla, coconut, lemon, blackcurrant instead of natural yogurt
- replace the pot of yogurt with 1 pot of buttermilk (added softness guaranteed!)
- add 2 sliced apples and some grounded cinnamon to the mixture
- add 1 pot of chocolate drops
Try it and let me know in the comments!